Last Updated: 31 May, 2019 Views: 241
The new Mac OS system, Mojave, includes new Security & Privacy functions which can prevent EndNote CWYW (Cite While You Write) from being able to correctly automate, resulting in returning to the EndNote library or an Error message. To correctly set these options:
- Go into the Apple menu and select System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click the Privacy tab (along the top)
- Click the Automation options, along the left.
- Make sure that both "Microsoft Word" and "EndNote" are both turned on. With this automation turned off, the Cite While You Write functions will not work.
- Close and restart EndNote and Word.
If this does not solve the problem, please also see this FAQ.
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)