Last Updated: 12 Dec, 2018 Views: 30
The eResource Portal is the public interface to our Electronic Resources Management System (ERMS).
An ERMS is how we track our eJournal and eBook subscriptions, access and payments.
Search options are limited (Title, ISSN, ISBN) but it is useful for locating the full text of a known eBook or information about a particular eJournal (which issues are available, who publishes it and how often).
If you are searching for books or journal articles on a particular topic we recommend using One Search which provides much more powerful search options including subject, abstract, full text, dates, discipline, format etc.
Additional eJournal search features
The eResource Portal also provides some useful additional information and functions:
- Subject browse: browse journals by their area of research (uses HILCC subjects)
- MeSH browse: browse journals by Medical Subject Headings
- Peer Review Filter: limit your search to only peer reviewed journals
- Open Access Filter: limit your search to only open access journals
- Alternate title: useful if it has and alternate or previous or new title
- Look up Article link: allows you to see the fulltext of a particular article if you know what volume, issue and page or it's DOI or PMID it appeared on in that journal
- Journal Details: provides information about the publisher, periodicity and peer review/open access status of the journal - with links to even more information via Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory.
- Holdings information: see which online platforms that provide us access, and what years, volumes and issues we have access to
- Search inside this journal: provides a search box that allows you to search for keywords in title, abstract and fulltext of just one journal (using One Search)