Last Updated: 07 Jun, 2021 Views: 2
The err_empty_response message occur using Chrome. It means that data is not being provided by the website to your browser. Steps to take:
- Check to ensure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Try accessing the content via a new incognito window (if this works it confirms you need to clear your browser's cache, cookies and temporary files)
- Reset your network settings. Short YouTube video here.
- Try using another browser (like Firefox) as this error is specific to Chrome.
- Check your antivirus software's settings (Bitdefender for example, interferes with remote access through elibrary.jcu.edu.au (EZproxy)).
(with acknowledgement to Alicia Berneville-Claye at USC)
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)