Last Updated: 22 Jun, 2020 Views: 96
Kanopy requires users login to JCU's identity access management system. However the login option for this is only consistently displayed on Kanopy's 'institutional' home page https://jcu.kanopy.com. A direct link to a video's entry page may not display a link to the institutional login required for access. Often users following these links will see a Error 403 forbidden and are likely to be confused by the login options that are presented (none of which are the required institutional login).
- Go to https://jcu.kanopy.com
- Log in (if you are off campus)
- Find your video
- Click on Share
If the Share link URL does not work off campus:
- Click on Embed:
- Copy the src value (not the quotation marks):
- Use this as the link
The embed version of the video has a built-in institutional login that the 'share' link does not.
- Because you are linking directly to the video the viewer cannot see the associated metadata (viewing time, dates, direct, summary etc)
- This method is only required if the Share link gives a 403 error off campus.
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)