Last Updated: 24 Jun, 2020 Views: 152
Once you have downloaded the EndNote installation file from the Library guide, you need to extract the file and then install it:
- Go to File Explorer and open the file EndnoteX9.exe
- You will then be asked to extract the file. Check the file location is in your downloads folder and click Extract
- Return to File Explorer and locate and open the folder EndnoteX9
- Click on the ENX9Inst.msi file to run the Installer wizard.
- Make sure you have all Microsoft Office programs closed before you start.
If you have closed all Office programs but are still getting errors that the Installation wizard cannot continue because Microsoft Office products are running you will need to use the Task Manager to ensure that the programs are not still running processes in the background.
- Press CTRL + ALT + Delete and choose Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab
- Scroll down to Background Processes
- Locate any programs running that have Microsoft Office in the title (particularly Word, PowerPoint and Outlook programs)
- Highlight the program and choose the End task button at the bottom.
- Retry the EndNote installation process.
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)