Last Updated: 16 Oct, 2019 Views: 209
EndNote & Mac Catalina OS
The current version of EndNote (X9.2) will not work with the new Catalina operating system for Mac.
EndNote have released a new update version (X9.3.1) for Macs to fix this problem. This version also works on older Mac operating systems.
If you have not yet upgraded to Catalina:
- A pop-up notification of the update will appear when you open EndNote.
- Close all Microsoft Office programs
- Click the Download and Install button to run the update.
If you have already upgraded to Catalina you will need to reinstall the software:
- Go to the EndNote guide > select Download EndNote
- Login and go to the Download section
- Agree to the conditions of use and choose Macintosh from the drop down menu
- Choose the version X9 from the drop down menu and click Download. This will download the new version of the software
- Once downloaded, install the program as usual.
- Due to the change in database format, existing libraries will require conversion when first opened in X9.3.1.
- This will create a new, converted version of the library for use with X9.3.1, but will not alter the original file.
- The original file will still be able to open in X9.2 and earlier but will not contain any changes made in the newer version unless synced online.
- EndNote X9.3.1 Mac libraries are currently not cross-platform compatible with EndNote for Windows.
- If you use your EndNote library across Mac and Windows computers you will need to use the online sync function to keep your library current on both machines.
- The X9.3.1 patch for EndNote (Windows) will be available later this year to restore cross-platform compatibility.
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)