Last Updated: 21 Jan, 2019 Views: 12
This can happen for a number of reasons. Please check the following
- Check if any software add-ins are installed in Word other than EndNote.
Some add-ins interfere with EndNote. One example is Foxit Reader (PDF software).
- To check, go to File > Options > Add-Ins
- Select Manage: COM Add-ins and click Go
- Check whether there are any add ins apart from EndNote.
- Untick the Add-in and click OK
- Try inserting a citation to test if that is causing problems.
- This error may also be caused by the permission settings in either Word or EndNote.
- Close EndNote and Word.
- Find the EndNote app in the Start Menu under All apps
- Right click on the app and select the More menu > Open File Location and it will take you to the program shortcut.
- Right click on “EndNote.exe” and select properties.
- Click on the Advanced button on the Shortcut tab
- Tick “Run this program as an administrator” in the next window and click OK
- Click OK to close the properties window.
- Do the same process for Microsoft Word
- Restart EndNote and Word.
Townsville +61 7 4781 5500 or ext 15500 (select option 2)
Cairns +61 7 4232 1777 or ext 21777 (select option 2)