Last Updated: 06 Aug, 2018 Views: 4
This FAQ explains how to add sections to an existing Reading list, for instructions on creating lists go to the Readings Libguide.
1. First select the list you want to add sections to via in Readings (Click on the title of the list to open)
2. You will now see the 'Student view' of your list. Click on the Edit button, you will see a drop down menu, select 'Edit list (classic)
3. You will now see the 'Edit view' of your list
Note: This is a drag and drop system. Anything with the compass symbol next to it can be moved around the page by clicking and holding down the mouse button then moving the item to where you want it to appear. Look for dotted lines to indicate where the item will be 'dropped'.
4. Click on the compass symbol next to the new section button
5. Drag to where you want the section to appear on the list (grey area in middle of page)
6. a pop-up box will appear, you must give the section a title (e.g. Week 1), the 'Study note' is optional. Choose Save when you are done.
After you click save you should see the below section appear in your list.
7. You can Edit or remove sections using the options next to the title of the section. Add bookmarks either by dragging and dropping from the list on the right, or by using 'Create & Add to list' when creating bookmarks (Instructions here)
Note: To move sections around select [Show] next to the Table of contents at the top of the list, note that here the Sections have the compass symbol and so can be dragged and dropped.