Last Updated: 08 Aug, 2018 Views: 2
Below are the instruction for exporting multiple items from One Search, or an existing reading list, and adding them to your personal Bookmarks in Readings.
Note that the procedure for collecting multiple bookmarks in One Search will be similar across any database that allows you to export RIS (or Endnote) files.
How to export multiple bookmarks from One Search:
1. Open One Search
2. Search for article or books you want to bookmark
3. Save each item you require by clicking on the File symbol (shown here in red) next to the title. Do this for each item.
4. Go to Saved items by clicking on top right File symbol (The folder will display the number of items you have saved). Selecting this button will open a new page, your saved items will be list.
5. Select 'Export to'... 'RIS (Readings-JCU, Mendeley and Citavi)'
6. Save file with a memorable name (how this option appears will depend on the browser you are using), in a place you can easily find (e.g. the subject code). Note the file may try and open in Endnote if you have it on your computer to avoid this open from your downloads folder.
Once this file is saved go to the Import to Readings instructions below.
How to export multiple bookmarks from an existing Reading list:
1. Go to Readings and login with your JC number and password
2. Enter the subject code or name for the list you want to copy bookmarks from (make sure you select thenot the )
3. Select View and Export drop down menu and Export to RIS
4. Save file with a memorable name (how this option appears will depend on the browser you are using), in a place you can easily find (e.g. the subject code). Note the file may try and open in Endnote if you have it on your computer to avoid this open from your downloads folder.
Once this file is saved go to he Import to Readings instructions below.
Import to Readings
1. Go to Readings and Login
3. Select Add and Import citations
4. You will see a pop-up select Choose file and select the .ris file you saved in the above steps
5. Select Import
Note: If you have not already created your list you can choose to 'Add imported resources to new list' this will prompt you to create a list. Otherwise you will need to drag the bookmarks into a new list in the Edit view.